ANNUAL SCHOOL REPORT 2020-2021
- Bhartiya Vidya Mandir founded in the year 1968, with the mission to help every student on its campus to realize his potential and become a productive statesperson, with an unflinching faith in the universal human values and being able to achieve excellence in their lives.
- With 6556 Square meters area, it houses 57 digitally equipped classrooms, spacious playgrounds and lawns, well equipped state of the art labs for all the subjects, ATL Atal Tinkering Lab, well furnished air conditioned Auditorium, Well stocked Library, well resourced dispensary to cater to the needs of all the students, Automated elevator to help the students who cannot climb stairs, CCTV cameras at all the important points to ensure the safety of the students.
- The school maintains the green cover and has a mini botanical garden with plants according the syllabi of all the classes. The school is slowly shifting from tubelight to energy efficient LED lights in a phased manner. Waste from RO is re-circulated and is used in washrooms. Waste newspaper/ scrap paper is used in various art & craft activities. To promote cleanliness, Swachhta Club organizes cleanliness drives in the school & in the neighborhood areas from time to time.
- The school day begins with recitation of Deep mantra, Saraswati Vandana & ends with recitation of National Song and Kalyankari Mantra. Before lunch break students recite Bhojan Mantra.
- The school observes various national days/celebrations/campaigns including Swachhta Pakhwada, Fit India Plogging Run, World Food Day, Open Science Day, International Yog Day, Kargil Day, Earth Day, Community Day, Chetna Divas etc.
- Curricular, Co-curricular & Extra Curricular, HPE activities are intricately embedded into the day to day working of the school, as per the directives by CBSE, leading to realize the core purpose of education i.e. holistic development of the student. Art integrated education is being given due emphesis.
- The school has a track record of delivering 100% board results.
- For the transaction of curriculum, teachers prepare elaborate pedagogical plans as per the CBSE guidelines in the beginning of the session including Health & Physical education (HPE) and the Art education.
- The students are prepared to face the examination with confidence, throughout the year, in house tests, exams, counseling sessions, student seminars, quizzes & competitions according to the school academic calendar are organized.
ATAL TINKERING LAB (ATL)/ SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS
The school became fortunate winner of a grant of Rs. 20 Lakhs from NITI Ayog Govt. of India, to setup ATAL Tinkering Lab in the year 2017. Innovative young minds are given hands on experience, encouraged and supported to give shape to the unique ideas tinkering in their young minds, motivating them to become the solution finders and to contribute constructively in solving their community/national problems. Some of the major achievements in the field are:
- The school got the International representation and was honoured by the Govt. of India, by selecting one of our students to represent India in JAPAN (under SAKURA Student Exchange Program) in the year 2018.
- The school was declared winner (2nd Prize Rs. 75000/-) in the National Hackathon, 2019 at Manipal University, Jaipur organized by Department of Higher Technical Education, Government of Rajasthan by competing with students from IITs,NITs & other Universities, Colleges & Schools.
- The school won 1st Prize (Rs 20,000/-) in a Scientific Conclave organized by Department of Youth Services Punjab at Chandigarh University.
- In the past 6 years, the school became the State winner of Inspire Awards DST, Government of India, four times (2013, 2015, 2018, 2019).
- In the year 2014, 2016, 2017 (2 models) and in 2018 the school was declared winner in its category at the CBSE Regional Level Science Exhibition & participated at the National Level.
- The school ATL Lab became one of the top 10 performing labs of Punjab by being declared ATL of the Month four times.
- Received honours for Ideate for India Challenge and won coveted positions in the National ATL Marathon.
- ATL Champs got the chance to interact with the Nobel Laureate Mr. Kailash Satyarthi at a workshop arranged by INTEL at Delhi.
All the students participate in different sports & games (indoor & outdoor) under HPE. In the morning as well as after the school working hours, free of cost expert coaching is provided in the games of the students’choice, by the sports teachers of the schools. Students participate in various tournaments organized by CBSE, SGFI, Sports Department and Recognized Sports Associations. Some of the highlighting achievements in sports in the year 2019-20 are:
- Two students (Milanpreet & Amrit) represented INDIA in Spain, Ukraine & Sweden in different Handball tournaments.
- The school team won 2nd position in LSSC Handball Competition.
- Students won State level and participated at National level in Chess Competitions (SGFI).
- The school team won 3rd Position in Tandrust Punjab State level Judo Competition.
- Two sudents (Sagar & Arun Kumar) secured their place in Golden Book of World Records in Yoga.
- Students won different positions in LSSC & State Level SGFI Yog Competitions.
- Students won State Level Carrom Competition (SGFI) and are selected for National Level.
- Students won position at State Level (SGFI) Sqay martial Arts and are selected for National level.
To boost the confidence and to groom the personality multi dimensionally, an ever encouraging & conducive environment is provided to our students to participate in a variety of Intra and Inter school activities/ Competitions.
- Students won 2nd Prize in LSSC Punjabi Declamation, 3rd Position in Drawing & Colouring Competition and a prize in Story Telling Competition.
- Students won 1st prize in Hindi & Sanskriti Group Song Competition organized by Bharat Vikas Parishad.
- One student (Bhawna Kashyap) won 2nd prize of Rs. 5000/- in Inter School Painting Competition organized by PCTE.
TEACHERS EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME
To keep themselves updated the teachers attend various webinars conducted by CBSE