ANNUAL SCHOOL REPORT 2020-2021
BHARTIYA VIDYA MANDIR SR SEC SCHOOL UDHAM SINGH NAGAR LUDHIANA was established in 1968 with an aim to impart quality education in accordance with the true Bhartiyan Sanskriti .
Following the rules and regulations of Central Board of Secondary Eduation,New Delhi the school has observed immense changes during this unprecedented pandemic year 2020.Accepting the challenge of online teaching, activity based curriculum was being adopted by our vibrant teachers to make learning fun-filled.
Scholastic and Co-Scholastic activities:
Scholastic and co-scholastic activities form an integral part of school's curriculum which are conducted enthusiastically in the school throughout the year.This year too, important days of historical and social significance ,cultural festivals & events were organised and programs were celebrated in a colourful vibrancy on virtual platform, e.g Independence Day,Fit India Campaign,Childrens’ Day,Yoga day, Breakfast Day, Vigilance Day, Teachers Day etc. Competitions and activities were also conducted virtually for the overall development of the students to provide them best learning environment, to quote a few of them ;Role-plays, abacus making,mathematical puzzles, Toothpick Roman numbers activity, flash cards activity, flip book making, collage making, poem recitation, sudoku, short video presentations, PowerPoint presentations etc.
Excellence in academics is the hallmark of a good institution. We got 100 % results in the AISSE and AISSCE 2020. It was made possible only because of the team work and hard work of the staff and the whole-hearted support of the management.
As teachers are also learners. Our teachers kept themselves updated by attending webinars and training programmes to hone their skills in online teaching .The faculty attended multifarious online training courses offered by CBSE, Diksha and renowned Educational institutions and resource persons, to refresh and enhance their knowledge with innovative & experiential teaching methodology in this trying academic year ,to handle the classes more confidently and effectively.Pedgogical plans were prepared by the faculty in the beginning of the session for effective lesson planning.
Sports achievements :
Sport competitions inculcate the spirit of positive challenges and sportsmanship among the students. Our students actively participated in different virtual sports activities and competitions. In LSSC Chess Championship our u/14 boys won second position .Promising Yoga master Shivam Sharma, class X, won first position in lnternational level yoga championship winning a cash price of Rs 3100, organised by Trigart Divya Ashram ,Kangra.He also won 1st position in lnternational level Yoga Championship open, Asian Yoga Championship open and Yoga World Cup open organised by Five star Welfare and sports club.
Curricular and extra Curricular achievements:
- In ATL SIRIUS INNOVATION Program ,Suraj Kumar(X) got selected amongst top 24 innovators across India and became part of Indian delegation in digital financial assets for 21st century.
- Ananta Gulati won second price in LSSC computer Carnival organised by Sacred Heart Convent School virtually.
- Yoovanshu and Saksham (Xll) participated in online Techno Fest 2020 . Suraj Kumar (X) presented an app 'Digital Mask' during online Techno Fest 2020. Ridhima(X) participated in Hindi declamation and was declared second runner up in online Techno Fest 2020 .
- Sujal (XI) and Ridhima (X) lifted Runner-up Trophy in LSSC quiz Competition organised by BCM Chandigarh Road
- Amrit Sharma (Vl) and Shabad Sharma class (VIII) bagged silver medal in Hindi Olympiad virtually organised by Rashtriya Utkarsh Mandal
- Ridhima (X)won first prize in self composed poem recitation competition organised by Akhil Bhartiya Sansthan Sanskar Bharti Ludhiana unit and got selected for the state level.
ATL Activities and Achievements:
- Atal Tinkerers were among top 30 teams of ATL marathon and had a wonderful first hand learning experience in ATL student internship program powered by Atal innovation mission and IBM in September 2020 .
- Mr Narendra Singh Rawat(TGT)and Mrs Seema Gupta (PGT)got selected as ATL teachers of change from all over Punjab for the devotion and enthusing participation of students in various activities.
- Mrs Seema Gupta also attended online design thinking course from IIT Delhi.
- ATL model Smartlife Saviour for Commuters was selected , from Ludhiana district ,for National level mentoring workshop ,organised by National innovation Foundation .
Every Saturday is observed as no bag day, giving an opportunity to the students to develop and exhibit their talents ,thus enhancing their versatility and inculcating leadership qualities.
We are hopeful that soon the things will regain normalcy and we will be having our children back at school, in a healthy and blessed environment with lots of opportunities,activities and learning.